Genesis Begins Again
There are ninety-six reasons why thirteen-year-old Genesis dislikes herself. She knows the exact number because she keeps a list:
- Because her family is always being put out of their house.
- Because her dad has a gambling problem. And maybe a drinking problem too.
- Because Genesis knows this is all her fault.
- Because she wasn’t born looking like Mama.
- Because she is too black.
Genesis is determined to fix her family, and she’s willing to try anything to do so…even if it means harming herself in the process. But when Genesis starts to find a thing or two she actually likes about herself, she discovers that changing her own attitude is the first step in helping change others.