Nature Did It First: Engineering Through Biomimicry
Nature does it best...and did it first! Explore the ways we have looked to nature for brilliant new designs and innovations to solve our own conundrums. Each example in nature is paired with a fun, rhyming description, an example of how it has been used by us, and a question to the reader―"what other problems can be solved?"
Learn fascinating examples of biomimicry, like:
- How burrs inspired Velcro
- How grooved gecko feet inspired adhesive
- How bumpy whale flippers inspired windmill blades and surfboards
- And more!
Back matter includes:
- A glossary for words like echolocation and adhesive
- A STEM Challenge activity perfect for your home or classroom